CANADA RECOVERY BENEFIT
The Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are directly affected by COVID-19 and are not entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) benefits. The CRB is administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
NB SMALL BUSINESS RECOVERY GRANTS
For small businesses located in Zones that faced elevated Public Health measures in either Orange or Red alert levels in New Brunswick. Eligible businesses include food and beverage services that do not have drive-through capability, personal services (barbers, hair stylists and spas); gym and fitness facilities; casinos, amusement centres, bingo halls, arcades, cinemas and large live performance venues.
NB COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES
The Government of New Brunswick has programs to provide assistance to support New Brunswick businesses. The assistance will support our economy, help keep our workers employed, and enable businesses to continue to operate. The assistance is complimentary to existing federal and partner institution support and is targeted to specifically address impacts associated with COVID-19
The Association is committed to providing the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. Please visit COVID Updates on our website for information and changes as they happen.. And join our Social Media Channels to stay connected to industry colleagues. Please contact the office if your email or phone number has changed.
Facebook Private Group
RECOVERY LEVEL COMPARISON - Red, Orange, Yellow
Government has introduced COVID-19 Alert Levels to ensure the continued economic and social wellbeing for our province. Progress across all phases will be monitored closely to ensure the health and safety of citizens and to limit the resurgence of COVID-19 transmission within the province.
NB GOVERNMENT COVID-19 / PROVINCIAL UPDATES
Remember to visit the Governement's COVID-19 information link regularly for the most up-to-date and accurate information on our Province and its fight against COVID-19.
WORKSAFE NB - EMBRACING THE NEW NORMAL GUIDELINES
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions necessary to reduce risk, workplaces will not be the same as we left them and we will need to adjust. And while we all try to establish a new normal at our workplaces, there will certainly be an added layer of health and safety measures (physical distancing, screening, handwashing, etc.) required to ensure the safety of our workers, our customers and our visitors. Please review the Worksafe Guidelines frequently.
MENTAL HEALTH - COPING DURING COVID-19
We are all in this together! Stay Safe and Healthy!
SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COSMETOLOGY ESTABLISHMENTS
The safety recommendations shall be implemented until such time new recommendations are required.
COVID-19 SCREENING CHECKLIST
FEDERAL GOVERMENT AGENCIES CONTACT INFORMATION
The federal government has announced temporary income support for workers and parents without paid sick leave as well as longer-term income support for workers. Low- and modest-income families which may require additional financial help may apply for a one-time special payment through a GST credit. Families with children will be eligible for increased Canada Child Benefit payment amounts.
For more information on these federal measures:
- Canada Revenue Agency Accounts and Payments (individuals); 1-800-959-8281 (e); 1-800-959-7383 (f).
- Canada Revenue Agency Accounts and Payments (business); 1-800-959-5525 (e); 1-800-959-7775 (f).
- Child Benefit and GST credit; 1-800-387-1193 (e); 1-800-387-1194 (f).
- Employment Insurance: To apply for EI benefits, visit their website. After that, individuals may apply to have the one-week waiting period waived by calling the government's toll-free number at 1-833-381-2725 or teletypewriter at 1-800-529-3742.
- Emergency Care benefit and Emergency support benefit: Both benefit plans will be open for application in April, through the Canada Revenue Agency website.
- Business Financing/liquidity: Finance Canada general inquiries 1-613-369-3710; https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance.html
- Export Development Canada general line 1-800-229-0575.
- Business Development Bank of Canada general line 1-877-232-2269.